J. Patrick Quillian, P.C.

J. Patrick Quillian Attorney At Law

Call for a free consultation

Early Termination of Your Supervised Release

Did you know it’s possible to terminate your supervised release earlier than the sentenced term given to you?

The courts may terminate the term of supervised release based on the fact that the individual is no longer in need of supervision. Your attorney can submit a Motion for Early Termination of Supervised Release, and the court will consider “the nature and circumstances of the offense and the history and characteristics of the defendant” 18 U.S.C. section 3553(a)(1).

First, the individual must successfully complete at least one year of the supervised release. After satisfying the year requirement, the judge will evaluate whether there are aggravating factors associated with the underlying offense. In doing so, the judge will consider factors such as: an individual’s criminal history, age, current employment, financial status, risk of engaging in future criminal activity, and other similar factors.

If the judge determines the factors that may have warranted a term of supervised release no longer exist, the individual will be released from the term of supervised release. If you believe you may qualify for a termination of supervised release, please contact our offices to set up an appointment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Protect What Matters

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Protect What

Visit us
1900 NW Expressway
Suite 602
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Phone: 405-896-9768
Fax: 405-260-9573
Oklahoma City Law Office Map